Monday 21 November 2011

A whole month of learning...

My first placement has  now come to an end. I look back and wish I had written more about my experience, but I think it simply shows how intense the last month has been! Although I lacked sleep and any form of interaction with the 'outside' world, the past month was unforgettable. I am lucky to have worked with a teacher with so much to teach! I hope that one day I can be half as good of a teacher as her. I never thought I would see a class so eager to learn! Everything she taught, was complete with enthusiasm and energy!

Looking back I wish I could have told myself not to worry. I spent my first 3 or 5 days wondering what to do, and how to do it. I had a unit to teach with absolutely no clue where to start and how to start it. It was definately a bit of a rocky start but once I became comfortable with the students and the lesson making process, everything became much easier and I soon realized how much I love teaching! The students were so much fun to teach! Their attitudes and energy made my first placement unforgettable!
Now it's back to school, so I am eager to hear about everyone elses placements! It will be interesting to return back to class and see how everyone has transformed into experienced teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment